All For One
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Warrior Cat Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Setting
Cat Breeds
Joining Form
Getting Started
The AFO Code{rules}
Creating Your Character

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Clans & Tribes
Duskclanicon-1
Duskclanicon-1
Duskclanicon-1

Create a Clan or Tribe
Copy Right
The site; All For One (c) Adderstar & Snowstar
The plot, rules, and setting (c) Adderstar
Coding (c) Prospective code owners and Forumotion Support
Skin (c) Skin Creator
Banner and Main Graphics (c) Adderstar
All Characters, Posts, and Graphics (c) to their respective owners
Affiliates

Sister Sites

Free As A Bird

Affilates

The Fate of FiveSherwoodForestfree forum

A new beginning {open}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nettlesplash

Nettlesplash

A new beginning {open} Empty
PostSubject: A new beginning {open}   A new beginning {open} EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Nettle trotted up to the river. She was sure of everything in the camp now, as she had thoroughly examined it. Sitting down at the waters edge, she stared at her reflection. I hope this works out. I really think I could be a great warrior. She mulled over some of the stares she had received, not quite sure why they were so hostile. Some had been kind, or curious, but they were few and far between.
Back to top Go down
Adderstar

Adderstar

PostSubject: Re: A new beginning {open}   A new beginning {open} EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:53 pm

(You did well for your first time posting a first post.)

The babbling of the the stream filled the area accompanied by bird song and the rustling of red and golden leaves as the blanket of Leaffall wrapped its colorful blanket around the territories. As the tom confidently strolled through his territory, his paws making little to no sound as they touched the ground like a dark clad spirit the leader of the clan moved silently through the woods closing in on the happy stream. He was in a rather chipper mood today having accepted another cat into his clan, even though Nettle had not accepted entry into the clan as a Warrior she had agreed to serve the clan for a time as she decided whether or not such a life was for her. Strangely accommodating for a clan, most clans wouldn't accept a rogue on their territory let alone allow them to dwell in their clan but Adderstar was a kind soul.

Being a rouge himself Adderstar understood the importance of accepting new blood into a clan, giving them a chance to prove themselves and allow them to serve and join a family. Although he was a rogue and wanted to be accepting and trusting towards all the tom was not a fool, he was extremely observant and had an uncanny knack for knowing another's character. The dark colored male was very observant, very protective of his clan so much so that he would not risk it for his simple desire to be friendly to all.

The scent of another hit the tom's nose, pausing the male opened his mouth allowing the scent to hit the roof of his mouth. As it did a smile spread across his face as he recognized the scent of Nettle, the very cat that had caused his earlier pondering. "Why hello my dear," The tom purred as he came out from behind the bush to sit atop a root. "I hope I am not intruding upon anything."
Back to top Go down
Nettlesplash

Nettlesplash

PostSubject: Re: A new beginning {open}   A new beginning {open} EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 3:10 pm

{Thanks, it was so short though x3}

Nettle dipped her front paws into the water, feeling the cold current tugging at her long fur. The leaves above cast dapples on the water, letting in mottled sun-light. She a sigh of content, she brought her paws out of the water and tucked them neatly under her. The stone on which she sat had been warmed by the sun, and the slight breeze was warm.

Adderstar was so accepting of me. Was it a plan? To make a fool of me? Her mind chewed these ideas, no able to come to a conclusion. Unaware of her surroundings, she gave a little jump as a voice spoke behind her. Recognizing it after a few moments, she turned around. "Not at all." Her eyes glinted with amusement. "And I thought I told you to stop calling me dear, didn't I?"
Back to top Go down
Adderstar

Adderstar

PostSubject: Re: A new beginning {open}   A new beginning {open} EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:05 pm

The tom gave a dip of his head as he drew nearer, sitting down the tom gave a small purr. "So you have, I apologize my lady, I have become accustom to calling she-cats dear for they are so to me. " he replied, turning his friendly gaze upon her, " I take it you have become acquainted with our camp, and in assuming so I believe you now desire something from me." He knew perfectly well what had perked the she-cat's interest the other day, battle training and the like were what had caused her eyes to glisten. It was rather saddening that anyone found such skill so delighting, although the tom himself found them rather intriguing he wished they lived in a world that they were unnecessary. But such pleasantries were only acquired in the realm of Starclan not in the mortal world where one had to fight to survive every second of their life; sure the clan offered more protection and a higher chance of a survival but the world was cruel even to them.

It was a harsh cycle of life and death for in order to live one had to kill, a topic that would drag the leader down into the depths of depression had he not had so much control over his wandering thoughts. Instantly cutting off the stream of thoughts before they were able to grow out of hand as he politely waited for Nettle's reply, his bushy tail swaying and flicking rustling fallen leaves as it did so.
Back to top Go down
Nettlesplash

Nettlesplash

PostSubject: Re: A new beginning {open}   A new beginning {open} EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Nettle's eyes flashed as he spoke, determined to find out the answer. He seemed sincere enough, although quite anyone is capable of deception. If he was deceiving her with his hospitality, he was quite good at it. Her ear flicked as a leaf landed on her head, and she brushed it of, an annoyed expression flicking over her face

" I take it you have become acquainted with our camp, and in assuming so I believe you now desire something from me."

Nettle dipped her head. Tucking her paws under her, she curled her tail over them and pondered her words. The slight bubbling of the creek behind them diverted her attention for a moment. Mesmerised by the peace in the forest, she sighed happily

"Yes," she began cautiously. "I have become acquaintenced with the camp, though the members in it have avoided me. You are right in assuming I desire something from you. I would like to learn the ways of the warrior, not just learn in the sense of knowing, but learn in the sense of experiencing. And all aspects, not just fighting."

OCC: Sorry for bad grammar, on tablet.
Back to top Go down
Adderstar

Adderstar

PostSubject: Re: A new beginning {open}   A new beginning {open} EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:41 pm

The tom gave a nod. "It takes time for cats to become used to someone new, but once they do you will find that no other clan will protect you as fiercely as they even if they don't always get along with you. "He assured her, standing the tom gave a slow wave of his tail, "Very well, let us begin. I have told you of our ranks and basic social structure as we move through the territory feel free to ask me any question to lighten any subject that has so far eluded you. As we talk I will take you on a patrol of the territory showing you the basic duties of a clan patrol, we usually have a dawn and evening patrol but cats are welcome to walk the borders any time as well as when the deputy sees fit or times call for more ridged keeping of the borders. "

With a single movement the tom had leaped over the stream, looking back he added, "The border are important because not only do their help to keep rogue cats out they alert other clans that we own the area and that any trespassing could cause a battle. For now the only clan aside from our own is Forstclan, but they live higher in the mountains and are on rather friendly terms with us at the moment, other clans have attempted to rise but fail while clans with older roots such as Frostclan and Duskclan have fallen, we are the only remaining strong."

He paused having begun walking when he had spoken again, gazing up at the golden leaves above the tom continued remaining in the same spot. "I doubt I need to tell you that this land is very harsh and unforgiving, it constantly tests the creatures that live upon it weeding out the weak challenging the strong. That's what makes the cooperation of all the cats within the clans so important, for without a structure such as this will fall."

"Marking border, training for battle they are indeed important but one cannot forget to strengthen the bonds with one another or all that training will be pointless, this is why we have what we call the sharing of tongues, a time on the warmest part of day, noon, those who are not hunting or patrolling gather together and relax sharing tongues as we do so. This allows us to grow closer as a clan, catching up on stories exchanging information between one another all of this is encouraged in the Sharing of Tongues."

Falling silent the tom moved on allowing Nettle to speak and ask any questions she wished, birds who had yet to migrate for Leafbare twittered and chirped high above the two cat's heads. Ever now and again the rustling of falling leaves could be heard, leaf bare was rapidly approaching the land was growing colder by the day soon snow would blanket the earth and prey would be much harder to find.
Back to top Go down
Nettlesplash

Nettlesplash

PostSubject: Re: A new beginning {open}   A new beginning {open} EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:08 pm

Nettle's ears flicked back and forth as the black tom spoke, the stream bubbling in the background. Her ears perked when he mentioned battle training, but quickly flattened in confusion when he mentioned 'sharing tongues'. Leaping over the river to come and stand beside him, she tipped her head in confusion. "But isn't that awkward? Grooming someone else..." She was at a loss for words. Even her own mother didn't groom her, and the idea was so alien it hurt to think about it.

(Sorry for the shortness and the lateness! So much school work to catch up with.)
Back to top Go down
Adderstar

Adderstar

PostSubject: Re: A new beginning {open}   A new beginning {open} EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Adderstar gave a short laugh, "I know, it sounded rather strange to me when i first joined the clan." He agreed, "Sharing Tongues does not mean who have to groom one another simply being next you another cat, mixing scents in enough it tells all we are part of the same clan, that we are one family." He gave a dismissive flick of his tail. "You have nothing to worry about, come sun high in camp, you can come find me and I'll sit next to you." It was a simple gesture of kindness, but he knew better than most what such an act could mean to one who has entered a strange new world with no one to rely on.
Back to top Go down
Nettlesplash

Nettlesplash

PostSubject: Re: A new beginning {open}   A new beginning {open} EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:56 pm

Nettle breathed an inaudible sigh of relief. She looked up as something cold and wet fell on her nose. Swirling from the sky, a dusting of snow had quickly started covering the ground around her. "Umm, thanks," she grinned, not quite sure what to say. She did not want this tom to think of her as a weakness. "Should we head back to camp?" She did not mention the snow, although it made her want to curl up and stay that way forever. Her past had not been a fair one, and the pureness no longer made her want to bound happily through it.

(finally got it up. Sorry, was banned from computers and got mine taken away)
Back to top Go down
Adderstar

Adderstar

PostSubject: Re: A new beginning {open}   A new beginning {open} EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:37 am

The large tom looked up at the overcast sky as more damp flakes drifted down to earth, giving his heavy pelt a shake he gave a nod. "I believe you are correct." He agreed, "It looks as if it is going to snow hard tonight. He visibly shivered at the thought, even wit his thick coat Adderstar was not a fan of the cold. He loved to see the shining snow and watch it sparkle in the moonlight, but it was arther hard to trudge through and it killed all herbs and caused prey to flee far beneath the ground. It was beautiful, but very deadly, if the winter was too harsh his clan would starve. So many worries to remember, so many problems to consider, being a leader was truly a tireless job.

(It's alright, I'm glad to see you are back!)
Back to top Go down
Nettlesplash

Nettlesplash

PostSubject: Re: A new beginning {open}   A new beginning {open} EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:17 pm

Nettlesplash flicked her ears and nodded. It did look as if a snowstorm was brewing. She knew from experience that it was not a good thing for finding prey. Perhaps this winter would be easier with a clan. Everybody helping everybody else. She dipped her head and stared at her paws. She was taking this the wrong way, using it to her advantage. In her heart she knew that was not why she joined in the first place, but her mind was using it greedily. "Lead the way?" she asked weakly, and shivered, trying to shake of her dark thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Adderstar

Adderstar

PostSubject: Re: A new beginning {open}   A new beginning {open} EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:40 pm

Adderstar gave nettle a concerned look when her gaze dropped to her paws, had he said something wrong? Deciding it was best not to pester his new clan-mate Adder did as she asked,, taking the lead her set a course for the camp and the warm dens that awaited them. A thought struck the kind leader that Nettle would feel out of place among the Warriors, she had yet to be given a warrior name. This would change upon returning to camp, Nettle would be made a full Warrior if she so desired. A knowing smile settled upon his face as he swiftly bounded through the forest, eager to return and surprise the darkly colored she-cat.

-Exit Adderstar, if you'd like I'll make the next thread where Nettle is made a full warrior-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new beginning {open}   A new beginning {open} Empty

Back to top Go down

A new beginning {open}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All For One :: Duskclan :: Rabbit Creek-
Jump to: