All For One
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Warrior Cat Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Setting
Cat Breeds
Joining Form
Getting Started
The AFO Code{rules}
Creating Your Character

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Clans & Tribes
Duskclanicon-1
Duskclanicon-1
Duskclanicon-1

Create a Clan or Tribe
Copy Right
The site; All For One (c) Adderstar & Snowstar
The plot, rules, and setting (c) Adderstar
Coding (c) Prospective code owners and Forumotion Support
Skin (c) Skin Creator
Banner and Main Graphics (c) Adderstar
All Characters, Posts, and Graphics (c) to their respective owners
Affiliates

Sister Sites

Free As A Bird

Affilates

The Fate of FiveSherwoodForestfree forum

Tracking

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Silvertalon

Silvertalon

Tracking     Empty
PostSubject: Tracking    Tracking     EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 12:59 am

Silvertalon

The silver tabby tom sniffed at the bottom of the great tree for any signs of prey. Many scents were intertwined, but they were all old. He snorted. He would have to do much better if he was going to bring something back to camp. The sunhigh shadows were just falling around the surrounding areas, so he had at least a little time. But would it be enough time to catch something?

Silvertalon opened his mouth to draw the scents in. He tasted the musky flavour of squirrel. He wasn't much of a tree-climber, so that was out of the question. He lit up with excitement as he tasted mouse-scent. It would have to do. He followed the scent through the thin layer of snow that was piled on the ground. His paws dipped into it but never touched the hard earth. His nose was close to the ground. Suddenly, he jerked his head up and sneezed. Snow had gotten up his nose.

Snorting with disdain, Silvertalon twitched his whiskers and continued. His tail tip swayed back and forh as it often did when he was tracking or stalking prey. It was a habit of his. He followed the scent trail all around the tree, and yet, there was still no mouse. Silver was beginning to think he was being fooled. Growling, he lifted his head. He would need to find some kind of prey before going back to the camp. Perhaps he could use som help.

(Mmh, my new motto is "I read too much to write so little." I just finished the Inheritance Cycle and am now in the creative mood)
Back to top Go down
Snowstar

Snowstar

Tracking     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking    Tracking     EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:46 pm

(That's good. Woohoo! You're back! Very Happy bounce )

Snowstar slowly walked up to the Towering pine, and looked up at it, admiring the beauty of the giant snow covered tree. Snow was falling lightly at the moment, though it was likely to get worse very quickly here in Frostclan territory. He caught the scent of a cat, but when he took a sniff, he relaxed as he discovered that it was only a Frostclan cat, also soon scenting Silvertalon. The Frostclan leader looked around for the warrior, walking around the tree and soon spotting him. But Silvertalon seemed to be hunting, so Snowstar sat down and waited patiently for him to finish. The white tom felt in the mood to have a good, friendly conversation.
Back to top Go down
Silvertalon

Silvertalon

Tracking     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking    Tracking     EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Silvertalon looked up and saw the shape of his clan leader. Smiling up at him, the silver tom sniffed again for prey. The faint scent of another mouse was nearby. Following it, he ducked into a bush near the great tree. The mouse was sitting in the snow, nibbling at a nut. Bunching his muscles, Silvertalon waited. His tail tip twitched back and forth. He pounced, catching the furry thing between his paws.

The silver tom then picked up his prey. He turned to face Snowstar, the mouse hanging from his jaws. It was as he expected, skinny, but it was something. Shaking snow from his pelt, Silvertalon walked over to the large white tom. He set the mouse down in the snow and glanced up at him. "I suppose your hunting has been no better?" he asked, amusement lighting his face.
Back to top Go down
Snowstar

Snowstar

Tracking     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking    Tracking     EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Snowstar watched as Silvertalon went into a bush, soon coming out with a mouse dangling from his jaws. When the warrior spoke, Snowstar replied, "Well... to be honest, I'm just out on sort a peaceful stroll." He looked down at the dead mouse, then back at Silvertalon. "Hunting hasn't been great lately, though. It hardly ever is in Frostclan territory. There's too much snow for prey's liking here. Although.... I have noticed that there has been an unusual shortage of prey, even for here. I wonder what it is..." The Frostclan leader trailed off. He was thinking of what it might be.

(Okay, even though we have a shortage of members, I think we're gonna start the problem for the clans soon. So be ready to discover what it is this time! Wink )
Back to top Go down
Silvertalon

Silvertalon

Tracking     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking    Tracking     EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:07 pm

"I've noticed that, as well," Silvertalon said, his tail lying limply in the snow. He looked down at the skinny carcass that had taken him almost all morning to find and catch. "I can understand why they don't stay here for very long, there're not many edible plants here. Usually, though, that's enough time for us to catch them. Now..." He averted his gaze from the mouse and looked up at Snowstar. "They just aren't coming," he finished.

((Yay. I can't wait bounce  ))
Back to top Go down
Snowstar

Snowstar

Tracking     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking    Tracking     EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:19 am

Snowstar nodded. "It's as if the prey has been scared off..." He said. "Or something else has been-" he cut his sentence short as he spotted something lying in the snow. The tom stood up and began walking toward the thing that was barely visible in the snow, because it white as well as the snow it was surrounded by, but he had seen because it had a hint of red also. When he reached the object, he narrowed his eyes. "This is....but all the cats of the clans know to bury the remains of prey. But why would it be here....?" It was the remains of a squirrel, and when the leader bent his head down to take a sniff, he let out a gasp. "Coyotes

(Tada! There's the problem for Frostclan this month)
Back to top Go down
Silvertalon

Silvertalon

Tracking     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking    Tracking     EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:09 pm

((Ha, ironic. I used to worry about coyotes eating my cats at my old house))

Silvertalon watched as Snowstar walked over to the thing lying in the snow. He felt his throat tighten as the white cat made his realization. "Coyotes..." he whispered. The silver tabby hissed. The fur on the back of his neck rose. A low growl came from his throat. "Those slobbering beasts will steal all of our prey. Then, when it's all gone, they'll come after us," he said hoarsely.
Back to top Go down
Snowstar

Snowstar

Tracking     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking    Tracking     EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:24 pm

(lol That is ironic XD)

Snowstar stared at the remains of the squirrel as Silvertalon began hissing and growling. "If we even survive that long," he said in a quiet voice. He looked around and scented the air, checking for Coyotes. It was very, very faint, but he could make out the scent of the dog like creatures. "It was a long time ago that the Coyotes were here, but they were here." A growl rumbled in his throat. How dare those mutts intrude on his territory!
Back to top Go down
Silvertalon

Silvertalon

Tracking     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking    Tracking     EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Silvertalon lashed his tail. What Snowstar said was true. "What will we do? The prey will run away, and we have no freshkill. The clan will starve," the tom growled. Angry, he grabbed his mouse from the snow and stalked off.
-To the camp-
Back to top Go down
Snowstar

Snowstar

Tracking     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking    Tracking     EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:11 pm

Snowstar shook his head. "I don't know," he replied. "We'll have to devise a plan to drive them out of our territory." He stayed where he was for a while after Sivertalon left, staring at the pile of bones with his dark blue eyes. Then, he sighed, shook his head again, and turned around, padding after Silvertalon.

~Exit post~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tracking     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking    Tracking     Empty

Back to top Go down

Tracking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All For One :: Frostclan Territory :: Towering Pine-
Jump to: