All For One
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Warrior Cat Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Setting
Cat Breeds
Joining Form
Getting Started
The AFO Code{rules}
Creating Your Character

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Clans & Tribes
Duskclanicon-1
Duskclanicon-1
Duskclanicon-1

Create a Clan or Tribe
Copy Right
The site; All For One (c) Adderstar & Snowstar
The plot, rules, and setting (c) Adderstar
Coding (c) Prospective code owners and Forumotion Support
Skin (c) Skin Creator
Banner and Main Graphics (c) Adderstar
All Characters, Posts, and Graphics (c) to their respective owners
Affiliates

Sister Sites

Free As A Bird

Affilates

The Fate of FiveSherwoodForestfree forum

How to Create a Role Play Thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adderstar

Adderstar

How to Create a Role Play Thread Empty
PostSubject: How to Create a Role Play Thread   How to Create a Role Play Thread EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 7:53 pm

I know that some members may not be familiar with the way this website functions, often times sites have a set thread where members merely post replies while AFO does not. This thread has been created to help any who are confused by this way of role playing, if you have a question post bellow and a staff member will respond as quickly as possible.

The Art of Thread Making

Alright I'll first explain how to create a thread, to do so go to the board you wish to create a thread, we have many locations for our members to explore. Lets say I want to make a thread at the Duskclan Camp, I would then click on that board, once I have done this I then locate the button up in the left hand corner that says new topic.
Once I have clicked on this I than enter the name of the topic, bellow that is another area for entering text called Description, this can be left blank if you wish or you can us it to state whether your thread is open (open for anyone to enter and role play with you) or private for you and another character.

After this there is the main text box which is where you enter your role play reply, or simple reply to what ever you are replying to at that time. This is a familiar are since you see it every time you post a reply, enter your written role play here.

Role Play Thread Statuses ( open vs private role plays)

Members do not have a set topic they post on, this allows you to make as many threads as you want with your character. (We advise that you make only as many as you can handle.)
For the most part people often plot with one another, deciding that maybe they want their character to meet and become enemies or simply meet and see what happens it is all up to you. We have a board specially made where plot threads can be made, this site is based on member plotting.

Private Threads

A private thread is used when two or more members get together and decide they want to have a thread with their characters and no one else, placing a 'P' in the Description box along with the names of the cats you are inviting to the thread means only they can enter it.
Note, if you are not a member of a clan and post a private thread in their territory members of that clan had a right to post there confronting the trespassing cats. if one of the cats within this private role play is a member if that clan however, this rule cannot be enacted. (meaning no other clan cat can enter.)

Open or All Welcome Threads

If you have not made a plot with anyone and just want to post a thread and see who enters it, you can make an open or all welcome thread. These allow members to place their characters in your thread without worrying about intruding. Placing AW or simply typing open in the Description box is all you need to do to tell us we're invited to throw our cats at your own. None the less you can set rules like how many cats can post before the thread is closed as well as specific personalities you are looking for to attract certain characters; The decision is entirely up to you.

First Posts

If you look at the threads I have made with Adderstar or Silentwhisker you can see that my first post sets a general mood, I explain the location, weather, and time of day. Although not all of these are required, a first post should generally set the mood/theme of the role play. REMEMBER TO WRITE IN THIRD PERSON.

Exist Posts

Exit posts are ending posts where your character excites the thread and ultimately ends their part in the role play, when the members who have role played together both post an excite post it is considered finished and ready to be archived. Once the thread is finished a member who participated in that thread alerts the Admin that that specific thread is done, linking to it and requesting it be archived.

Unfinished Threads

If someone you are role playing with does not reply within thirty(30) days the thread is considered unfinished and the last cat the post in that thread can collect points from it.

Keeping Track of Time Lines

Like I said before members can create as many threads as they want at a time, so long as they can handle them all and still keep track, this is what we call liquid time. This is when you role play with people as much as you want, but you need to remember to keep track of a time line, like lets say Cat 1 meets cat 2 in one thread then Cat 1 is put in another role play with cat 3 and gets in a fight, he then later in a different thread meets cat 4.

All of these threads are going on at the same time out of character, but in character wise each happens before or after the other, the meeting of cat 2 was before the fight with cat 3 which means Cat 1 would have injuries it is recovering from when it meets cat 4. (I hope that has made sense if it doesn't let me know.)

Collecting Points Earned For Threads

I know our point system is rather different from others, a thread is being created to explain it in depth. But I will tell you how to collect points you have gained by finishing or participating in unfinished threads. Once you have finished a thread you proceed to the Point Shop, there you fill out the proper form to claim your points, linking to the thread that had been finished (or unfinished). Joining in on Clan Meetings, patrols, or other activities such as Gatherings or hunts will also gain you points if you link to them and have an exit post with your character. Other actions that gain you points are available in Characterly and out, this will be explained in another thread.

Again if you have any questions regarding this subject comment bellow, a staff member will get back to you immediately.

Back to top Go down

How to Create a Role Play Thread
Page 1 of 1