All For One
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Warrior Cat Role Play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Setting
Cat Breeds
Joining Form
Getting Started
The AFO Code{rules}
Creating Your Character

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Clans & Tribes
Duskclanicon-1
Duskclanicon-1
Duskclanicon-1

Create a Clan or Tribe
Copy Right
The site; All For One (c) Adderstar & Snowstar
The plot, rules, and setting (c) Adderstar
Coding (c) Prospective code owners and Forumotion Support
Skin (c) Skin Creator
Banner and Main Graphics (c) Adderstar
All Characters, Posts, and Graphics (c) to their respective owners
Affiliates

Sister Sites

Free As A Bird

Affilates

The Fate of FiveSherwoodForestfree forum

A Dawn-time Hunt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sedgestep

Sedgestep

A Dawn-time Hunt Empty
PostSubject: A Dawn-time Hunt   A Dawn-time Hunt EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:31 pm

The orange tabby made her way into the plains, looking around. From where she was she could just see where the sun was, slowly making its way up the sky. The mountains held shadows from where they faced away from the light; the plains, however, were much lighter as there weren't many trees. Sedgestep yawned; it was only around dawn, perhaps just a bit after dawn. She wasn't used to waking up early. The she-cat trotted downwards, scenting for any signs of prey. She let out a loud meow, so that any nearby cats could hear if they wanted to join in for the hunt. The cat sat down as she looked around for any other FrostClan cats. The clouds above might have meant it would soon snow or rain, however until then there was prey to be caught and brought back to the camp of their Clan.
Back to top Go down
Snowstar

Snowstar

A Dawn-time Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dawn-time Hunt   A Dawn-time Hunt EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:20 am

Snowstar padded into the clearing and hopped onto a rock before looking and spotting Sedgestep. "Good morning Sedgestep." He said in a friendly tone as he bounded over the rocks to the she-cat. "What brings you here?" The large white tom had been there hunting as well, hoping to provide his clan with as much food as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sedgestep

Sedgestep

A Dawn-time Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dawn-time Hunt   A Dawn-time Hunt EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 8:28 pm

The orange tabby looked up as she noticed Snowstar heading over towards her. Sedgestep nodded to him, replying; "I'm just looking for some prey. I think sunrise is a good time to find some." She looked at Snowstar as she wondered what he would respond with. If he were hunting as well, perhaps they could work together to be able to catch much more than one cat could by themselves.
Back to top Go down
Snowstar

Snowstar

A Dawn-time Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dawn-time Hunt   A Dawn-time Hunt EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:09 pm

Snowstar nodded. "I agree." He said. "I'm hunting as well." He lifted his muzzle into the air and took in the scents of the plains. He caught the scent of a mouse and looked around. Soon the leader spotted it, scurrying around a rock unknowing of the predators which were not only Sedgestep and him, but the snakes that enjoyed the warmth of the obsidian rocks as well. He jumped off of the rock, landing softly so that the small creature would not be alerted of his presence, and getting into a low crouch before slowly and quietly creeping toward it. When the white tom was close enough, he pounced, landing on the small gray creature and killing it with a swift blow from one of his powerful front paws before it could even react.
Back to top Go down
Sedgestep

Sedgestep

A Dawn-time Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dawn-time Hunt   A Dawn-time Hunt EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:22 am

Sedgestep nodded as Snowstar agreed with her. She looked around, scenting for any prey; it seemed Snowstar had found a mouse. He had caught the mouse quickly, and the orange tabby padded over to him. "That mouse didn't even see you coming, nice catch." She meowed in a whisper, so as to not surprise any prey of their presence. The she-cat looked around for more prey, hoping that the snakes wouldn't be here.
Back to top Go down
Snowstar

Snowstar

A Dawn-time Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dawn-time Hunt   A Dawn-time Hunt EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Snowstar turned to Sedgestep and smiled as she spoke. "Thanks." He whispered back. He jumped onto another rock and set the mouse down to pick up later. He looked around before lifting his muzzle into the air and taking in the scents again. He didn't smell anything though. He slowly and quietly walked around the clearing. Stepping onto other rocks and sniffing the air many times in search of more prey.
Back to top Go down
Sedgestep

Sedgestep

A Dawn-time Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dawn-time Hunt   A Dawn-time Hunt EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Segdestep nodded to Snowstar's whisper, watching as he had set a mouse down and seemed to be scenting for more prey. Segdestep lifted her muzzle, her mouth open slightly as she tried to locate any prey. Snowstar appeared to be continuing his search; from what Sedgestep could tell she didn't think there was much more prey nearby. She perked her ears as she caught scent of a hare; it was faint, though still there. "I think I might have found more prey; can you scent the hare as well?" The orange tabby she-cat asked, looking at the Clan leader. While normally Sedgestep wasn't usually in a good mood, she was glad to be out near dawn, however tired she was.
Back to top Go down
Snowstar

Snowstar

A Dawn-time Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dawn-time Hunt   A Dawn-time Hunt EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 3:59 pm

Snowstar continued his search, not stopping until he heard sedgestep speak to him. He slowly walked toward the warrior, taking large steps across the rocks. He soon reached the she-cat and sniffed the air once again. This time, he did catch the scent of prey. "You're right. There is a faint scent of a hare." He said, looking at her. "Would you like to do the honors of catching this prey?"
Back to top Go down
Sedgestep

Sedgestep

A Dawn-time Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dawn-time Hunt   A Dawn-time Hunt EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:06 pm

Segdestep glanced over at Snowstar as the leader walked back. She nodded as he had agreed with her, listening as he continued to speak. "Alright, I can try catching it." The orange tabby said, catching the scent of the hare once more as she tracked it further down the plain. The lithe she-cat's whiskers twitched as she spotted the prey, and she dropped into a crouch, the white fur on her chest and underbelly slightly brushing against the ground. She made sure her tail was out of sight as she neared the hare. Hares were quick; she would need to use speed to catch her potential prey. Swiftly, Sedgestep bolted towards the hare; it noticed her and quickly sprinted away. Sedgestep was only aware of the hare, and of her paws touching the ground as she ran after it. Sedgestep slightly crouched down and sprang, landing nearby the hare; it, however, had time to turn and run in the opposite direction while Sedgestep was getting back up to her paws. She snarled after the hare, annoyed it had managed to get away, as she trotted back towards the direction she had came from. "It managed to get away; I did try my best to catch it." Segdestep said as she neared Snowstar, flicking her torn left ear.
Back to top Go down
Snowstar

Snowstar

A Dawn-time Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dawn-time Hunt   A Dawn-time Hunt EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Snowstar watched as Sedgestep hunted the Hare down, eventually finding it and going after it. The Hare escaped and disappeared from site. When Sedgestep came back and said that she tried her best to catch it, he replied, "I know. And it was a good try, you almost had it." He looked in the direction that the Hare had disappeared and sighed. "There has been a major shortage of prey lately," he said. Just then, something caught his eye. He stood up and walked toward the object, again walking across the obsidian rocks, going toward the white thing that he had spotted. When the white tom reached it, he let out a growl. It was the remains of a Hare. And when he sniffed it, he let out another growl. "Sedgestep," he said grimly. "Our territory has been invaded by Coyotes."

(And so, the challenge for Frostclan this month begins)
Back to top Go down
Sedgestep

Sedgestep

A Dawn-time Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dawn-time Hunt   A Dawn-time Hunt EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:34 pm

[Sorry for not posting sooner; the challenge sounds like it will be interesting!]

Sedgestep nodded in thanks as Snowstar spoke about her hunting, listening as he spoke about the major shortage of prey. She was about to reply when the leader walked over to some rocks, and Sedgestep padded after him. The orange she-cat looked up as Snowstar said her name, her green eyes widening at the mention of coyotes. "Coyotes?" She echoed. She remembered seeing some before, especially nearby her Twoleg's den when she had been young and a kittypet. "What should we do?" Sedgestep murmured, looking over at Snowstar for his reply.
Back to top Go down
Snowstar

Snowstar

A Dawn-time Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dawn-time Hunt   A Dawn-time Hunt EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 9:22 pm

(It's okay. And thank you! Courtesy of Adderstar and I!)

Snowstar stared at the remains, then shook his head in reply to Sedgestep's question, also saying, "I don't know. The Coyotes hardly ever come all the way up to Frostclan territory." He lifted his head and looked around. There didn't appear to be any Coyotes there at the moment, but they definitely had been. "Quick, we must get back to camp." And with that, the white tom took off across the rocks and out of the clearing, knowing that Sedgestep would follow.

~Exit post~
Back to top Go down
Sedgestep

Sedgestep

A Dawn-time Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dawn-time Hunt   A Dawn-time Hunt EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Segdestep nodded as she heard Snowstar speak; she wondered why coyotes had come up here. She didn't scent any coyotes nearby, though the scent of them was unmistakable. Hearing Snowstar speak, Sedgestep nodded, glancing around the plains first before padding off in the direction Snowstar took. I can't believe that there are coyotes here. The orange tabby thought to herself as she increased her speed to a trot.

~Exit post~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Dawn-time Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dawn-time Hunt   A Dawn-time Hunt Empty

Back to top Go down

A Dawn-time Hunt
Page 1 of 1